Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Our Garden

And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.  Genesis 2:15



The scripture above is on a plaque above my garden bench that my husband painted years ago when he built the bench.  I thought you would enjoy being reminded of this verse as I share. 

Welcome to our garden that we so enjoy working in every week.  I wanted to share some of the pics that we have taken of our backyard.  Please enjoy!

The outdoor patio is outside our garage and off our back deck. We decided several years ago to extend our gathering area to include this area.  We had some men dig it out about 3 inches down and install the pebble rock. Over the last couple of years we have ran a path on each side of this fireplace area and lined them with monkey grass.  The paths go to another sitting area in the back of the lot where there is a fire pit and benches.  As you can tell we love our outdoor rooms.


 
We have ordered 2 more Adirondack chairs and should be coming this week. 
So excited we can all gather in front of the fireplace. 

The fire screen is really not a fire screen at all but an old Mexican garden
gate that we use there in the summer while its warm outside. 
This is the left path leading to the playground and fire pit seating area.

My husband built this arbor about 15 years ago.  It has jasmine on it and has done quite well.  As you can see this path continues and leads to the garden shed, which I'm sorry I didn't include that picture.  Next time!




These bloomed last month and were triple blooms. They are planted in a bed covered with ivy and come up with ivy underneath.  Pretty carpet for them.  They were just beautiful!  Each year I get a new one and plant it after Christmas and the next year they always come back prettier than they were in the pots at Christmas.




This year was our new addition we installed as a above ground planter garden.  We had a tree removed several years back and the grass had not grown over the stump removal so we put in a little batch of tomatoes.  Can you believe that we have 75 green tomatoes from these 6 plants.  I know that is unbelievable, but true.  Also planted is squash, okra and all varieties of bell peppers and several banana peppers.  All in that small area!

I purchased 5 Tea Olives bushes this past weekend, so we will be planting those in between the knock out pink roses in the background against our brick wall.  They will be planted in between every 3 bushes.  This line of monkey grass is not a straight line, but a scallop.  There are 3 scallops and so there will be one planted on each end and one in between each scallop.  I'll post an after pic later.  They will grow about 4 feet tall and help disguise the garage in the background.

On the left side is a bank of holly bushes that are 9 feet tall and to the right of it is another path that goes around to the front door.  It's a very shady area. 




These are pink geraniums that flank each side of our fireplace.  I can't believe they were planted the week of Easter and have doubled in size.  They love the sun that this area provides.  Also there is a small pot of lavender that also loves the dry summer Georgia heat.



You can see my storybook rabbit behind the fireplace.  I simply love this rabbit. He is about 4 feet tall and everyone that comes in the garden loves this bunny.  He is reading to two smaller bunnies below his feet.





 This is a lace cap hydrangea that I planted several years ago.  It's in a pretty large pot and my deer love it.  I have to keep it sprayed with "Deer Off". 





This path leads from the playground area to the left of the fireplace, and is our 3rd seating area.  It's where my sun loving plants love to sit as they recover from damage or issues.  The actual potting bench is behind it in the shade.  I love this are because it's out of the sun but has some sun in the morning.


I hope you have enjoyed the little tour of our backyard.  Come by anytime and enjoy your summer in your backyards!









No comments:

Post a Comment