Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Kitchen Vent Hood

 Good morning people in blogland!  I wanted to share a new addition to our kitchen, our new vent hood.  I was continuously seeing all those beautiful vent hoods in your kitchens out there and decided we needed to update our kitchen and have one installed.  Our Mr. Handyman said he could take on the job and I think he did a great job!  

Below is the picture of the before in my kitchen.  It wasn't real hard for him to complete the job but I do have a microwave that plugs into the cabinet area over the stove.  I just got a new microwave after 30 years in this home so we needed to make sure it was accessible.  


This is after he put the door on it.  It's on a piano hinge.  


Here is the after picture and think it turned out so pretty!


This is after it was built out above the stove.


This is the finished product with the base coat of paint.



He put the bead board in the middle to tie in with the bead board in the rest of the kitchen.  The while cabinetry that he also did last year has a lot of bead board in it.  



I love the little shelf he put on the outside in the middle to hold something that might break up the hood.  I'm loving it!

This was a fun project.  Now he will be working on the refrigerator and building it in and pulling the top cabinet out.  I'll keep you all posted on that and how that turns out.  Till later!

No comments:

Post a Comment