Tuesday, December 15, 2015

House and Meal Ready for Gourmet



Last year, November 2014 my husband and I hosted our gourmet group for a fall dinner. The preparation is always so much fun and when we host it takes about 2 months of thoughts and many list to get ready for the event.


I mull over the menu to make sure that it's exactly right and feeds everyone a great meal.  Especially the men as when they are happy with full tummies they have a better time.Our menu consist of the following items.

Gourmet Menu
Beef Pot Roast
New Potatoes with Mushrooms and Onions
Corn Casserole
Broccoli Casserole
Cole Slaw
Copper Carrots
Biscuits
Dessert
Caramel Spice Cake
Italian Cream Cake
Decorated Fall Sugar Cookies

Everyone enjoyed the menu and had a great time.  My intention was to take pictures after the guest arrived, but somehow we didn't get that done.  But we did take some pics before to show you how everything was set up and decorated.  We'll start with the outside where all the action seemed to be.  Near the fireplace.


The church pew normally is housed inside of my garage outside my back door for us to use to take off and put on shoes before entering the house.  But, we moved it outside for more seating.  I put three quilts on the back to be used as the night air got cooler, but we didn't need them after all.


We gathered here for the fire and it was nice and toasty. 


Everyone seemed to have a great time.  We usually have anywhere from 20-32 people that come.  We ended up with 25  people that evening.  So enjoyed hosting but its always a lot of hard work. I wish I had taken a picture of all the food displayed but maybe next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment