Tuesday, December 15, 2015

My FIND at the Thrift Store


At New Years 2014-2015 my husband and I were in Bainbridge, Georgia  visiting friends. While out shopping with the girls we wandered in the local Goodwill store.  After looking around for a little while, I noticed this lamp in the back of the store all alone on a shelf.  The  lamp was black and had chips all over it. I think it's made with a plaster material and is very heavy.






I thought it had “good bones” so I took it to the front and had it tested to make sure it would work.  It had felt on the bottom.  My friend, Gail wandered up to the counter and asked "what’s that?".  I explained I thought it had “Good Bones” and I was going to take it home with me.  After I told her it was $5.99 and it had a blue ticket which made it ½ off she also thought it was  a good deal.  I paid $2.98 for the lamp!  We were both so excited.

 When I returned to Atlanta, I sanded down some rough spots and put it on a canvas and spray painted it white. I then used golden pecan stain and put it on with a toothbrush in the crevices and wiped it down with a soft cloth.

Here is a picture after it was stained.



Once finished I had to find a new lampshade. I tried many lampshades, four in all. 
I finally decided on this one.  It’s has a square bottom to it and all in all it’s a much nicer lamp shade than the others I thought about.  What do you think? 



I am so happy with my prize.  I put it in the foyer and it’s so bright and pretty when you enter.  I was so excited to find my lamp.  Happy hunting ladies!  Keep your eyes open and you might find something that you just can’t live without. 

No comments:

Post a Comment