Monday, January 29, 2018

Visit to Queen of Hearts Antiques and Interiors

My husband and his best friend went to Bainbridge, GA on Friday for the
Rattlesnake Roundup.  Doesn't that sound like fun?  NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

So that was a big incentive to have a "Girls Weekend".  Several of us spent the night with my best friend and played cards to the wee hours.  We got up Saturday morning and went to Queen of Hearts Antiques and Interiors in Alpharetta and Buford.  Yes, two antique stores in one day!  Plus visited my daughter's new home in Cumming.  Followed by dinner at Cheeky's Mexican in Avalon.
 
It was a great day with a lot of shopping.  We dreamed of the chocolate brownies at the house, so cards and brownies were in our thoughts as we headed home.  We had such a grand time together. 
We'll have to make it a bigger party next time and invite more friends!

I thought I would share a few of my purchases of the day especially since I got such good buys.

This was a steal at $28.00 from Pottery Barn. I used it last evening for an appetizer
and put cheeses, pears, and grapes on it.  Beautiful! You can't really tell how long it is but I would say 16 inches approximately


This deal was a new little garden tray that was finished so nicely I had to have it for my
spring table in the kitchen.  I'll have fun filling it up.



These are both beautiful and useful.  I collect the creamy white dishes and these will go great with what I already have.  They were not marked as a cream and sugar, but I purchased them to us as a pitcher and just put spoons in them.  I loved them and they had to come home with me.



 These German plates are Royal Copenhagen and my friend paid $100.00 each for her set of 5 back in the 70s.  These were in a half price booth for $19.00 each, so my $8.00 each was a STEAL.


Here is one of our friends who traveled with us.  She is from Texas and we thought this old burlap bag from Texas was kind of funny!  Marty was a great sport.


Below is the card showing the stores and their locations. I know they would appreciate a visit to check them out.  It was a great time and all the ladies that traveled with us agreed.  We have the Marietta store in mind for our next trip.  Stay tuned to our travels to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment