Thursday, February 1, 2018

My Stash Decorating Closet

For the last week I've been working on a closet that is in my husband's art room where he paints, draws, etc.  (I would use the closet in my sewing room, however, it has my sewing machines in it.)  His closet is a walk in closet and he only hangs his sports coats and suits in there.  So this is where I put my decorating stash.  Yes, I said it "my stash".  Its actually been there for years, but every time you went in you would stumble over my stuff.  So its all organized.  Here is a picture of the finished closet.



I know it must still look cluttered but my look on this end is really organized.  I purchased from Walmart a black 4 shelf rack for 39.99 and pushed it in the outside wall along the back.  I put all my candle holders on the bottom.  Each shelf hold 250 lbs. so it works nicely.  I have a basket for plates and glassware. 


Don't look too closely as I should have painted the closet first.  But on the left wall I have always hung Ziploc bags on nails to contain things like: plate hangers: small easels: lamp parts, I also hang wreaths there that I use with other decorations.  My Christmas decorations have a closet all their own so I don't have to store any of that in here.


This is the top shelf on the back wall and holds a lot of glass ware that I can reach easily.


This is the right  side of the closet as you enter.  It houses his jackets/suite and on the top shelf holds the larger items that are safe on the top shelf.  The closed is angled on this right side so I had to be careful what to put on that shelf that would fit nicely in the eaves of the house roof.


I hope the new year has gotten you excited also about organizing your areas of your home.  It sure does feel a lot better to walk in the closet and create a table setting easier than finding what I was looking for in a box under a box, under a box, you know what I mean.

Happy Organizing!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment