Thursday, June 14, 2018

Clean Den Decorating

Two weekends ago my husband and I painted our den Natural Tan one coat by Sherwin Williams. Even though I like the color and it did cover my sage green color on the walls, it gave a green tint after drying instead of a tan hue. So all to say we will have to paint again, however we went ahead and did a little more.

I made panels, not drapes for the one window in the room. They look pretty good. Since the window was near the bookcases there was not enough room for a full panel of drapes.

This is an older picture of the room before the decorating.  The mirror has been gone for a while, but you can see the paint color.  The paint color really needed to be updated.


First here is the fabric that I chose for the panels.  It is not the same particular pattern that is on the sofa but the identical color.  The pattern is a little different.  


The rings that I sewed onto the panels came from the Pottery Barn Outlet in Morrow, GA.  These were priced per box in the regular catalog at  66.00. They were marked down to $33.00 and then to $19.97.  I got them for 1/2 off of the $19.97 for $9.50 a box. There were 10 in a box so I used 5 on each panel.  What a steal.


In my sewing room you can see the pattern better. I loved it and you can't have too much!





 See the difference below in the pattern of my sofa and the pattern of the panels. So close that from the window to the sofa you won't be able to even tell, but it's OK if you do. 
You can also see the paint color of the den after it was finished.



Below is a pic of the french door in the back and I chose to put nothing on it.  
I think it lets in so much light and really like it.  


It's not a great picture of this window with the panels hung, but you can see how great they turned out.  The pole was one we had left over from my daughters decorating project and I had saved it.  We painted it black with the black finials.  I love how it reflects the other black items in the room.  


And below you can really see the panels and the room color.  I simply am so please with how it all turned out.  Soon and very soon the Mister of the house will be painting the backs of the bookcases, unless I find a great wallpaper to use in NAVY! That is to come. It really looks much bigger and I love the light it brings in.  


 Thanks for joining me in my endeavor.  It was a fun redo that needed to be done and so glad it is completed. Well almost!

No comments:

Post a Comment