Wednesday, December 27, 2017

2017 Country Living Fair


On Friday, October 27th I went all by myself to the Country Living Fair in Stone Mountain, GA.  I had a ball!  I had asked several girlfriends to go but all were busy with other things and couldn't go.  Mister D usually goes with me and he and I even attended the Ohio Country Living Fair before.   I have been many times with my BFF, Patsy but never by myself.  I thought I would have a great time just meandering around looking and buying of course. But never thought I would enjoy it as much as I did!!!!!


I was even able to go to two different workshops that I would have never done had someone been with me.  I attended one about decorating and mixing prints with these two guys, Jason Oliver Nixon and John Loecke of Madcap Cottage. http://www.madcapcottage.com

I had my lunch while just sitting, enjoying the beautiful fall weather, listening and gathering ideas from these two gentlemen. 


The other was with Norma Murphy from The Connecticut Home.  Check her out on Facebook.  I learned that she has been a decorator and designer for Ethan Allen Furnishing among other ventures.  But more importantly she is to be featured in the Country Living Magazine in December with her Connecticut home for Christmas.  It's all about tartan plaid and how to decorate with it.  She showed screen shots of the beautiful magazine pages and explained how she went about decorating for the shoot.  It was glorious!

Below are a few of the pics that I took during the day.  The first being a cotton wreath that everyone needs to have in their Southern home.  It was only $65.00 but I already have one in my kitchen so I passed on the buy.



This was beautiful as it was so simply done.  I could have so seen this in my daughter, Meg's home.  But when I shot her a pic she shot me one back of the one that she already had. 



This was something that I saw from a distance that I thought might be interesting.  It was a cart that had the beginning stages of being decorated.  I have one of these in my sewing room with rolls of decorating fabric stored in it.  I lined my cart with painter's cloth and thought that I might be able to add the rag tassel's to my cart when I had the time to work on it.  Hence the idea below.




This is the find of the day.  I was so excited as I am a big lover of old quilts.  I have about 12.  That's not as many as some of you out there have. This one is a navy polka dot and cream.  It was only $78.00 and a steal. 

I didn't take a pic of the masking tape on the inside border but it has a strip of masking tape that had the date of when it was last washed.  The lady I bought it from said that she purchased it from this lady that was selling some of her mom's quilts that her mother had quilted it in a quilting bee club.   It was hard for her to part with it, but her mom had so many t choose from and she couldn't keep them all. 

In the quilting club the members would wash the quilts they sewed and put the tape on them with the date of last washed on there.  I thought that was so sweet as they loved each and every one they quilted.




This was a strange find.  This is a Chinese man and I was attracted to it because I have 3 Chinese great nieces and 2 Chinese great nephews.

I immediately texted my niece, Tiffany and asked if she wanted it.  It was only $5.00 and I knew she would.  She collect these and has them all over her sweet little house.





Here is a close up of the cart again.  I think it will be so cute when I get mine done.  I'll make sure that I try to blog about it when I start the process. 




This is a banner that I bought from a guest star of the fair, April Cornell.  Yes, she was there in person and so I bought a spring banner from her and a few other Christmas gifts.  I even had the fore thought to have her autograph it.  I should have had our picture made together.  That was a real treat to hear about her fall collection that was displayed in the booth.  She is a sweet lady and so cute.




Well, that was my day at the Country Living Fair in Stone Mountain.  I hope you enjoyed it and will think about going next year to find a prize you can't live without. 

Stay tuned to see the blog posting of my cart!

No comments:

Post a Comment