Wednesday, December 27, 2017

English/French Country vs. Cottage Table   



I wanted to tell everyone in blog land about my new table that truly wasn’t expensive but such a great find.  I was having lunch with my sister in Douglasville, GA when we went to this shop 4th Time Around.  You can find it on Facebook and they have some very interesting old pieces and new items.  The sweet lady at the shop told me this was an antique from the 1930-40s and was called an antique Spindle Spool Table maybe Victorian?  Well it had been washed with white paint and looked chippy in the finish.  It had to come home with me!  I love it. 


Look at the detail. I think it's so pretty.  I had never seen a table like this one in all of my history of antique shopping.  I'm sure it's not that rare, but for $125.00 I thought it was a true steal.


 It replaced a Ballard’s side table that was narrow and had magazine storage in the bottom.  That table was moved to my sewing room.  I love this new spindle spool table.  It is so intricate and looks so great in my den.  It has a larger table top and could be used as a card table.  It allows for my pottery jug lamp to sit nicely there and also holds a lot more on top than the old table.  Plus I can up my Longaberger baskets stacked underneath for storage of my grandchildren’s puzzles and magazines.



My question to you is do you know or have any of this type furniture.  Please leave a comment below I would love to hear from you. 



Also, I think it definitely fits in my cottage/English country den.  Don’t you? 



No comments:

Post a Comment